TPD Claims & Super Lawyers Perth

Perth – Total and Permanent Disability Claims

You may be entitled to make TPD claims (Total and Permanent Disability) either through your private insurer or Superannuation policy if you’ve suffered an accident or injury that prevents you from working. You may be eligible for TPD claims or Super claims as long as you have TPD cover. If the injury or illness has caused you to be unable, for six consecutive months, to do the work you did before the onset of illness or the accident or injury, you could be entitled to a TPD lump sum payment. At PK Simpson Perth we recommend that anyone in this position should check with our specialist Super Lawyers and TPD Lawyers to find out whether or not they may be entitled to lodge Super claims or TPD claims. They may be entitled to receive a TPD payment also if they can no longer work in the same capacity as they did prior to the illness or injury.

Such benefits from Super claims, or TPD claims from a private insurer, can cover medical fees, debts accrued, and supply an income to help as far as possible to restore the person’s quality of life. If a parent or partner (or someone upon which a person depends) dies, the person may be able to claim death benefits from the deceased person’s private insurer or make Super claims from their fund to help financially. Every policy varies in the levels of TPD cover, waiting periods, and the length of time in which benefits are payable. So, if you can’t work for the reasons outlined above, PK Simpson’s TPD claims and Super Lawyers in Perth can be of service and make sure you are eligible for and receive the maximum lump sum payments to which you are entitled.


At PK Simpson Perth our TPD claims Lawyers and Super Lawyers focus on keeping our clients up-to-date and supported throughout TPD claims process.

Our expert TPD claims Lawyers will handle your case, maximising each claim, making sure no stone is left unturned.

What sort of compensation can I expect?

    I Live in Perth, Can I Make TPD or Super Claims?

    Yes, if you live in Perth or in any other state of Australia, you can make TPD claims, and Super claims from a private insurer or Super fund if you can no longer work. You can make these TPD claims providing you’ve been employed and have Superannuation cover or private insurance with TPD cover. However, there can be a huge variation between the different Super funds and insurers concerning TPD, and also between each policy, so it can be a complicated process when it comes to who can and who cannot submit Super claims and TPD claims. However, to be classified as totally and permanently disabled, or TPD, a fund member or policyholder, no matter where they live in Australia, must:

    1. Be classified as incapable, because of injury or illness, to work in any job for which they are reasonably qualified by experience, education or training
    2. Have completely ended their employment as a result of illness or injury
    3. Be aged 65 years or under on the date they could no longer work due to the above
    4. Have TPD cover in their private insurance or Super policy on the day they stopped working.

    You may be able to make TPD claims or Super claims from:

    • A private Superannuation fund
    • Employment Disability Insurance
    • Sickness or Accident Insurance
    • Trauma insurance
    • Life insurance
    • Income protection Insurance
    • Loan protection insurance
    • Mortgage protection Insurance

    The lump sum payment you could be entitled to receive can range from $10,000 to over a million in some cases, but if you’re unsure about anything to do with TPD claims or Super claims, contact your Super fund or call PK Simpson and talk to a specialist from our team of TPD Lawyers or Super Lawyers in Perth for the best professional advice.

    No Win, no fee! At PK Simpson Perth we can help you with your Super claims and TPD claims!

    Wherever and however your injury occurred, it’s worth talking to us – You’re in safe hands with PK Simpson TPD claims Lawyers- Never settle for second best