TPD Claims & Super Lawyers Darwin

Darwin – Total and Permanent Disability Claims

If you’re suffering as a result of an accident, injury or illness that’s preventing you from working, you may be eligible for TPD claims (Total and Permanent Disability) or claims from your Superannuation policy. If the injury or illness has caused you to be unable, for six consecutive months, to do the work you did before the accident or illness, you may be eligible for a TPD payment. At PK Simpson in Darwin, we strongly recommend that anyone in this position should check with our specialist Super Lawyers and TPD Lawyers to find out if they could be entitled to lodge Super claims or TPD claims. They may be able to receive a lump-sum TPD payment if they can’t work any longer in the same capacity as they did before the injury or illness occurred.

The benefits available from Super claims, or TPD claims from an insurer, can provide an income, cover accrued debts and medical fees to help as far as possible to restore the person’s quality of life. If a parent or partner (anyone a person depends upon) dies, the person may be eligible to claim death benefits from the deceased person’s private insurer or make Super claims help with financial burdens. Individual policies do vary in their levels of TPD cover, wait times, and the length of time in which benefits are payable. So, if you can’t work for the reasons outlined above, PK Simpson’s TPD claims and Super Lawyers in Darwin can help make sure you are eligible for and receive your maximum lump-sum entitlement.


At PK Simpson Darwin our TPD claims Lawyers and Super Lawyers focus on keeping our clients supported and kept up-to-date through the TPD claims process.

Our expert TPD Lawyers will handle your claims, maximising every one, making sure no stone is left unturned.

What sort of compensation can I expect?

    I Live in Darwin, Can I Make TPD or Super Claims?

    Yes, if you live in Darwin or any state or territory of Australia, you can make TPD claims, and Super claims be these from a private insurer or Super fund if you can no longer work. You can make TPD claims as long as you’ve been employed and have Superannuation cover or private insurance with TPD cover. However, there’s much variation between the different Super funds and other insurers concerning TPD, and between each policy as well, so it can be rather perplexing if you try to do this on your own – our Lawyers know who can and who cannot submit Super claims and TPD claims. To be classified as totally and permanently disabled, or TPD, a fund member or policyholder, wherever they live in Australia, must:

    1. Be classified as not capable because of illness or injury of working in any job for which they are reasonably qualified by experience, training, or education
    2. Have discontinued working as a result of such illness or injury
    3. Be aged under 65 on the date that they discontinued work due to the above
    4. Have TPD cover in their private insurance or Super policy on the date they stopped work for the reasons stated above

    You may be able to make TPD claims or Super claims from:

    • Employment Disability Insurance
    • Life insurance
    • A private Superannuation fund
    • Trauma insurance
    • Sickness or Accident Insurance
    • Income protection Insurance
    • Loan protection insurance
    • Mortgage protection Insurance

    The payment amount you may be entitled to receive could range from $10,000 to over a million in some cases. However, if you need more information about this or you’re unsure about any part of TPD claims, or Super claims, do contact your Super fund or call PK Simpson and chat to a specialist from our team of TPD Lawyers or Super Lawyers in Darwin for expert advice.

    No Win, no fee! At PK Simpson Darwin we can help you with your Super claims and TPD claims!

    Wherever and however your injury occurred, it’s worth talking to us – You’re in safe hands with PK Simpson TPD claims Lawyers – Never settle for second best